A boards

If you wish to have an advertising display on public highway land, you must first gain Advertisement Consent. This will allow you to display on the public highway. You will also need an annual licence to be granted by the council prior to using your display.

Forms and documents:

Advertisement Consent

Staffordshire County Council will not permit the placement of ‘A’ boards  or merchandising displays on adopted highways unless a licence has been issued, or consent been given, by Tamworth Borough Council.

A location plan and drawing of the proposed board is required and must meet the guidelines. A cheque for the appropriate non-refundable planning fee (advertisement) to Tamworth Borough Council must be enclosed. This is a one-off charge on initial application only.

Annual Licence

A licence is valid for a maximum of 12 months and will not be issued without Advertisement Consent. Applicants should complete an A Board Licence Form and forward with the planning application.

A separate cheque for £25 (payable to Tamworth Borough Council), covering the administration charge for the first year's licence, should also be enclosed. This cheque will be returned should Advertisement Consent be denied.

Successful applicants will be issued with an annual licence once Advertisement Consent has been gained.

In subsequent years the £50 ongoing annual charge of the licence will become payable on the annual renewal date.  A reminder notice will be sent for this approximately 6 weeks before renewal.  This annual charge is subject to review.

All forms and cheques should be returned to Tamworth Borough Council, Neighbourhood services, Marmion House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7BZ

Planning Department, Tel: 01827 709709. Email: planningadmin@tamworth.gov.uk
Neighbourhood Services: Tel: 01827 709342. Email: neighbourhoodservices@tamworth.gov.uk