Housing cheats

If you have reasonable suspicion for believing that somebody within your area is a housing cheat please fill in the form below. You may believe the individual is involved in illegal activities for a number of reasons, e.g.:

  • They are letting other people live in their accommodation (subletting)
  • You are aware they are living elsewhere or believe they might be
  • They have abandoned their property
  • They have taken control of the property when it is not in their name

If you believe that they are claiming benefits when they shouldn’t be, you should report this to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You can do this anonymously online here: www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud or by calling the National Benefit Fraud Hotline (NBFH) on 0800 854 440. 

During the investigation we will gather relevant evidence and take any necessary action.

By filling in this form you have the option of remaining anonymous, please note if you do this and the Council have no means of contacting you, the investigation may be adversely affected by lack of evidence supplied by you (the reporter). You can remain anonymous but still leave a contact number such as a mobile phone so we can contact you to ask any further questions or update you where necessary. The information provided may be used in evidence to take further legal action against the alleged offender(s).

Please provide us with the information requested below:

We may need to clarify or gain further information, you will still remain anonymous in the reporting procedure.