How to appeal

If you disagree with your property's Valuation Band, you can appeal in writing to the Valuation Office.

Your appeal should be sent to the following address and NOT the Council:

The Listing Officer
Council Tax West
Valuation Office Agency
Overline House
Blechynden Terrace
SO15 1GW
Tel: 03000 501501

You may also appeal if you consider that you are not liable to pay Council Tax, for example, because you are not the resident or owner, or because your property is exempt, or that the Council has made a mistake in calculating your bill. If you wish to appeal on these grounds you must firstly notify the Council Tax Team in writing so that we have the opportunity to reconsider the case.

Making an appeal does not allow you to withhold payment of tax owing in the meantime. If your appeal is successful you will be entitled to a refund of any overpaid tax. Further details of the appeal procedures (including the role of Valuation Tribunals) can be obtained from the Council Tax Team.