Planning enforcement complaint

If you are concerned about a development which you feel does not planning permission or where conditions of development are not being adhered to, you can tell us by submitting a planning enforcement complaint form.

We investigate complaints in-line with our Local Enforcement Plan.  

Please note that we do not accept anonymous complaints. We will keep your details confidential and they will not be disclosed to any third party without your permission.

What happens after I have made my enquiry?
A site visit may be required and the Enforcement Officer will need to write to the property to arrange this visit. This will take time and the case will be prioritised depending on the nature of the alleged breach of planning control. The Enforcement Officer will update the reporter after the visit has taken place.

If you have any reference numbers (either planning application reference numbers or previous enforcement investigation reference numbers) this would be useful in helping to identify the site and any planning history
This may be an alleged change of use, unauthorised development, concern over breaches of planning conditions, unlawful adverts etc
Consider the harm this is causing you as if well founded then this will reinforce our actions taken to remedy the breach