Roads and highways issues

Tamworth Borough Council is not a highways authority and therefore isn’t responsible for dealing with pothole claims or other matters relating to public roads in Staffordshire.

All claims relating to highways need to be sent to Staffordshire County Council.

Insurance details for the attention of third-party solicitors

If you are a third-party solicitor, you can contact our insurance provider using the information below.

Public liability insurance: Zurich Municipal – 0800 232 1927 (policy number QLA-02H086-0203)
Employers’ liability insurance: Zurich Municipal - 0800 232 1927 (policy number QLA-02H086-0193)

Making a claim if you’re a member of the public

If you have suffered personal injury or damage to your property as a result of actions by the council, you may consider making a claim. For the claim to be successful you will need to prove the council has been negligent and has not done everything that is reasonable to protect you or your property.

To protect public funds, we will use the information you provide in relation to your claim to detect and prevent fraud. This may be shared with other departments within the council and with other organisations for the same purpose. Anyone found to be making (or assisting) a fraudulent claim would be liable to prosecution.

Please submit claims and all supporting information via email to or by post for the attention of Insurance Claims, Finance Department, Tamworth Borough Council, Marmion House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7BZ.

Contact us

Emma Dyer, Operations Accountant
Tel: 01827 709246

Insurance claims:
Emma Box, Technical Support
Tel: 01827 709249